ACTSERV is an actuarial consulting firm with over two decades of business visibility. Our staff have acquired extensive knowledge, experience and expertise in executing advisory services in employee benefits, life insurance, banking, health and general insurance, and investments in Africa.
We are seeking to recruit a Pension Manager with 5 years’ experience in Fund Administration, Pension Management, Business Development, Compliance & Reporting within the pension industry.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In liaison with management and colleagues, formulate and execute strategies to ensure growth of the company, its affiliated entities and their product lines, including Mwavuli Administrators Limited;
- Manage and liaise with various service providers for optimal operation of the schemes;
- Establishing, implementing and improving on processes and procedures;
- Recruiting, training and managing a network of external and internal Partners in line with agreed targets;
- Delivering sales of the company and affiliated entities’ product in line with agreed targets;
- Entering into agreements with clients, business partners and other stakeholders as validly delegated by the company;
- Being informed of and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities;
- Comply with RBA requirements and ensure timely submission of RBA reports;
- General administration of pension and provident schemes in accordance with legislation and trust deed and rules;
- Maintain all pension records, including information on employer and employee contributions;
- In consultation with the trust secretaries, organize board of trustees meetings, bank cheques, obtain bank statements and maintain all payment records;
- Determining plan beneficiaries’ entitlements under the pension schemes;
- Process benefits to: retiring pension scheme members & the beneficiaries of a deceased pension scheme member;
- Underwriting new business and provide annuity quotations;
- Arrange for scheme members’ Annual General Meetings;
- Preparing annual budgets, audit reports and other reports as determined by the company;
- Arrange and make follow ups on annual audit of the scheme’s accounts;
- Verifying and approving of various company financial transactions as agreed with the board;
- Establish and maintain high quality accounting and financial management services for pension schemes;
- Partnering with management and board members to ensure that board resolutions are implemented;
- Providing up to date management reports on a monthly basis and periodically as required.
Team Management & Leadership:
- Assisting in identification and recruitment of staff;
- Providing leadership, governance and oversight to staff assigned to yourself;
Client engagement and management:
- Preparation and delivery of client communication including pitches, tenders, letters and presentations;
- Preparation for client meetings and other events and attendance thereof;
- Managing of client inquiries and complaints;
- Follow up on all issues required to maintain service level standards at the highest level;
- Is a representative of the company and affiliates to stakeholders.
- Assistance in undertaking any other tasks which may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Professional qualification- an added advantage.
- Commitment to professional values and integrity.
- Displays initiative, self drive, ownership of work, adaptability & flexibility.
- Strong technical, analytical, communication, problem solving, client engagement, management & leadership skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their cover letter and CV with 3 professional referees, on or before close of business, 28th June, 2022.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.