ACTSERV is an actuarial consulting firm with two decades of business visibility. Our staff have acquired extensive knowledge, experience and expertise in executing advisory services in employee benefits, life insurance, banking, health and general insurance, and investments in Africa.
We are seeking to recruit an Actuarial Consultant with at least 4 years’ actuarial experience within the consulting, insurance or reinsurance industry.
Reporting to: Manager, Insurance Consulting
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in client engagement and management while supporting business development activities;
- Perform actuarial valuations for life insurance and/or general insurance;
- Conduct product development, and other financial projections;
- Leading in the adoption of IFRS 17 to the full implementation for our clients;
- Assigning, coordinating and managing projects in progress;
- Support thought leadership initiatives;
- Team management, coaching & leadership;
- Assistance in undertaking any other tasks which will be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science;
- Relevant experience in a similar role;
- Good progress with professional actuarial exams- at least 5 actuarial exams passed;
- Good knowledge of regional financial regulatory requirements;
- Strong communication and written skills and proficiency in English;
- Displays high motivation, team-orientation, adaptability, initiative, self drive and ownership of work;
- Advanced IT, data management and modeling skills; proficiency in R and/or Python would be an advantage;
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.